|Joseph Marshall III
Joseph Marshall III was born and raised on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation and is an enrolled member of the Sicangu Lakota (Rosebud Sioux) tribe. Because he was raised in a traditional Lakota household by his maternal grandparents, his first language is Lakota. In that environment he also learned the ancient tradition of oral storytelling.Joseph taught at the high school and college levels, and developed native studies curriculum as well. For several years he worked for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. Now he writes full time, having published nine nonfiction works, three novels, a collection of short stories and essays, and has written several screenplays. Many of his books are published in foreign countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Korea, China, Japan, Romania, Brazil, Spain, and Israel. Joseph has won several awards for his books, both for the text and audio versions.
Due for publication in 2012 are Returning to the Lakota Way: Old Values to Save the Modern Work, from Hay House, a sequel to the very popular The Lakota Way: Stories and Lessons for Living; and Life Lessons from the Bow and Arrow (working title) from Sounds True.
Joseph has appeared in several television documentaries, served as technical advisor for movies, and had a role in a major television network mini-series. He was a technical advisor and narrator for the Turner Network Television (TNT) and Dreamworks Television six-part mini-series Into the West, as well as playing the on-screen role of “Loved by the Buffalo,” a Lakota medicine man. He is also a practitioner of primitive Lakota archery, having learned from his maternal grandfather the art of hand crafting bows and arrows. Joseph is also a specialist in wilderness survival.
One of his most treasured and meaningful experiences was to be one of the founders of Sinte Gleska University (1971) on the Rosebud Reservation. He is one of the Charter Board Members.
As a speaker and lecturer he as appeared in many venues throughout the United States and in countries such as France, Sweden, and Siberia.
Joseph and his wife Connie (also his literary agent and manger) are the parents of a blended family of nine, and have sixteen grandchildren.
Make No Bones About It. * KAOS 89.3 FMSundays 4pm to 6 pm with your Host, Raven Redbone.Visit KAOS 89.3 FM @ www.kaosradio.org!
Make No Bones About It
World Peace and Prayer Day 2013
Encouraging Words from our Elders"I appreciate your work in giving voice to our peoples. Blessings to you." Grandmother Mona Polacca
Quote of the MonthYes, our life energy must be a gift for our future. Your life, my life, everybody’s life must follow your given path. So pray or meditate. Follow your inner path and learn just how powerful you are and learn that you are a leader for your people, your family, your children, and the Mother Earth. -Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Lakota
Raven Redbone U-tubes
“Make No Bones About It”
- Boldt 40
- Bones Media
- Breaking News
- Raven Redbone
- Raven’s Guests
- Indigenous Links
- John Trudell
- Indigenous Programming
- Indigenous Point of View
- Indigenous Charities
- Dedicated to Uncle Billy Frank Jr
- World Peace and Prayer Day
Raven’s Recent Posts
- NATIVE ALUMNI REUNION PLEASE JOIN US FOR AN INFORMAL POTLUCK GATHERING TO HONOR THE LEGACY AND FUTURE OF THE NATIVE PROGRAMS AT EVERGREEN.
- Olympia recognizes Indigenous Peoples Day: tune in and hear the story. August 23, 2015 at 4pm, on “Make No Bones About It.”
- Global Economic Challenges with Chief Phil Lane Jr. and Sylvia Demarest on Make No Bones About It. August 23, 2015 5pm
- In the Spirit of Billy Frank Jr.
- City of Olympia recognizes Indigenous People’s Day!
- @sykamen67 how are you bro 4 months ago
- Tell your Senators to kill #KeystoneXL for good. Sustain @BarackObama #veto and stop #climatechange and #BigOil bit.ly/vetoKXL 7 months ago
- Please share indiegogo.com/projects/for-f… 11 months ago
- Just added a new event on The Four Worlds International Institute j.mp/1tPsCuW 1 year ago
- Just added a new event on The Four Worlds International Institute j.mp/1nLu1vF 1 year ago
- Eddy Lawrence: 'Going to Water' May 26, 2013
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse: 'RedShift' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'God is Alive/Magic is Afoot' May 26, 2013
- Indigenous: 'I Wonder' May 26, 2013
- Puyallup Canoe Family: 'Red Tail Hawk' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Starwalker' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Piney Wood Hills' May 26, 2013
- Marty Stuart: 'Three Chiefs' May 19, 2013
- Jim Page: 'Whose World Is This' May 19, 2013
- John Trudell & Bad Dog: 'Teddy Bear' May 19, 2013
- Fish Hatchery Manager – Quileute Indian Tribe Wendy Bowman
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Writing your own stories, everyone is a storyteller September 3, 2015Writing your own stories, everyone is a storytellerBy Brenda NorrellJournal of Frida KahloCensored NewsWhen it comes to writing down your own stories, there are many good ways, even for people who don't consider themselves writers. Some people work best at dawn or sunrise, and write "morning pages," just letting the thoughts flow without corre […]firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Obama's Grand Alaskan Holiday: Epic Fail in PR September 3, 2015Photo Alaska Rising TideObama's Grand Alaskan Holiday: Epic Fail in PRObama’s Grand Alaskan Holiday: Epic Fail in PRBy Brenda NorrellPresident Obama’s holiday public relations spree in Alaska could be broadcast with Chevy Chase’s Holiday Road theme song from the National Lampoon Vacation -- if it were not so tragic. Behind all the smiles and jubilee, it […]firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Grand Chief warns of confrontation between RCMP and Unist'ot'en September 2, 2015.Sept. 2, 2015 News Update from APTN:Unist'ot'en remain on high alert:http://firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- MINNEAPOLIS 'Women of Wellbriety' nDigiFest Festival August 31, 2015Brenda Manuelito, Dine', and Carmella Rodriguez of Laguna, N.M. created nDigiDreams for sharing stories in a digital format. Storytelling becomes an act of healing, reconnecting and restoring.About nDigiDreams:Our stories are rooted in the earth and lie within our hearts. Our stories tell about our interrelationship with all that surrounds us—our four […]firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Writing your own stories, everyone is a storyteller September 3, 2015
- This Week's Program: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 July 26, 2015In the first hour, Host Tiokasin Ghosthorse talks about the cross-country journey of APACHE STRONGHOLD, www.Apache-Stronghold.com which is a group of Apache people and others who are traveling from Arizona to the East Coast to raise awareness about the protection of their sacred sites and related issues of religious freedom, which in the words of the host, i […]admin
- This Week's Program: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 July 26, 2015
- LNPR: Episode 47Now that stommish is over, hopefully summer weather is around the corner- join Hillary Cagey in the weather room. AJ is in the Newsroom with the KGMI interview with Chairman Cultee, and Tabitha has a special guest in the studio...stay tuned!
- LNPR: Episode 47
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
KAOS RADIO 89.3 FM
Decolonize Astronomy… on Chief Arvol Lookinghorse Speak… Kalikolehua Kanaele on Chief Arvol Lookinghorse Speak… ravenredbone on 20th Annual International Worl… Bearspirit on 20th Annual International Worl… Jeana on World Peace and Prayer Day…
DISCLAIMER"Make No Bones About It" -Any views or opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author not "KAOS 89.3 FM".
Log out -Bone Days